This time I want to share some pattern generators made with SVG. Patterns can enhance the illustrations in our projects.
Now, there are many other options for SVG patterns, for example to repeat background images. HeroPatterns provides dozens of repeating patterns that would work well as background images, tiles, or textures. You can also adjust the foreground and background colors.
- Wowpatterns has literally thousands of free patterns, based on organic shapes, themes, animals, beach, city and people, festivals, flowers, etc.
- PatternMonster includes 180 patterns, and you can filter them by mode and color, and even search for specific ones, you can even perform a custom search.
- PatternFills includes a bunch of black and white patterns, also available from the command line.
- Plain Pattern allows you to load an SVG shape (or use one of the existing ones) and create a repeating pattern that can be exported as SVG.
- Patternify is a CSS pattern generator that allows you to define a pattern on a 10x10 grid, preview the result, and download PNG or CSS.
- MagicPattern provides a library of pure CSS background patterns like slashes.